How Mold & Mildew Can Hurt Your Home Comfort

Spring is just around the corner, and with it the sweet smells of freshly cut grass, new fallen rain and flowers in bloom are almost upon us. Thus, the last thing you should be inhaling is the musty odor of mold or mildew due to high moisture levels inside your home.

Not only does this fast-growing fungus look and smell nasty, it can also lead to serious health issues if not properly addressed. Keep your family safe this spring season, and if you think moisture or humidity is a problem in your home, consider knocking it out with our Humidity Controller—part of our 6-step process to a cleaner and more efficient HVAC system for your home.

Cleaning window with rag.

3 Reasons To Protect Your Home From Mold This Spring

Impacts On Your Health

From uncontrolled humidity to leaks in your plumbing, mold can enter your home in a number of ways. If left untreated it can lead to severe health problems such as chronic sinusitis, bronchitis, wheezing, migraines, eye and skin irritation and even some cancers. Effects can be particularly potent if you have a chronic lung disease like asthma.

Every day, mold spores zoom through your ducts and end up in various rooms of your home. Our Bacteria & Virus Eliminator uses active technology to really tackle the pollutants at the source. Ensure your family is safe from mold damage and contact Breathe Easy for more information about this helpful step in our 6-stage process to optimize indoor air quality.

Unpleasant Odors

Though mold will usually not cause structural damage to your home, it causes unsightly stains and odors that your family and visitors will surely notice. Because mold is a fungus, it has a very distinct smell. Unfortunately, this distinct smell is very strong and not at all pleasant. If you detect a whiff of musty mold or mildew, contact Breathe Easy professionals right away to stop the stink before it gets any worse.

Not Just People

Mold can impact your furry family just as much, if not more, than it impacts your human family. If you’ve noticed your pet has been coughing, sleeping or sneezing more than usual you may have a mold problem in your home. Other symptoms may include wheezing, nasal discharge and excessive scratching/licking that can lead to fur loss.

If exposed to mold for a prolonged period of time, your pet could experience a fungal infection called aspergillosis which weakens the immune system. Animals with this affliction may experience spinal discomfort, bone inflammation, vomiting and fever. Keep your feline and canine companions safe and consider checking for mold if your pet exhibits these symptoms.

At Breathe Easy, we’ve got all of your indoor air quality concerns covered. Mold isn’t the only threat to you and your family’s comfort. Our 6-stage process to a high-quality indoor air system covers everything from mold elimination to filter upgrades to air ionizers. Give us a call (239)-848-6533 to learn more. We look forward to answering any questions you may have, and helping you obtain the best air quality our 5-star service can provide!